Jörg Rathlev on 1 Mar 2001 12:46:10 -0000

RE: spoon-discuss: Re: spoon-business: Zagarna's NomicHome

> You seem to assume that there is a phisical entity called the merket
> when in fact the so called market is made by people naming their price
> and other people willing to pay that price.

Yes...

> Indeed, your proposal is truly capitalistic ;), but so is the original
> rule, when it states that anybody can change the value of their
> NomicHome

Yes, the price you name has *currently* no effect when noone is willing to pay it. But my concern was that if you have more than 500 points, even if only as a NomicHome, and at any time we have a rule that allows you to exchange fixed-price objects (for example the bank must give you the points or something), you would have won the game. That's why I stopped all modifications which named a price higher than 500 points.

If there is no fixed price, there won't be any problems like that. And you can still request 10000 points if you're asked for a price :-)

Joerg