Dan on 25 Feb 2001 22:46:05 -0000

Re: spoon-discuss: opposed minority award

On Sun, 25 Feb 2001, Benjamin Bradley wrote:

> Why do we have an Opposed Minority Award?
>
> I'm thinking of making a huge proposal to revamp the proposal/scoring
> system. Who would object if I did away with the OMA and why?

I am personally opposed to the OMA, however...

I have done an experiment in the last few weeks.  It may just be
coincicence, but it appears that more people vote when there is an OMA
than when there is not.

If we can find a better incentive to vote, then yes, I am all for doing
away with the OMA.

Poulenc.