Joel Uckelman on 23 Jan 2001 18:01:11 -0000

Re: spoon-discuss: wiki and similraity game

Quoth Benjamin Bradley:
> > So, that reminds me of something. Has everyone taken a look at the
> > NomicWiki? I was thinking that a Wiki might be a good way to allow Officers
>
> > to post stuff to the site. Thoughts?
>
> Wiki has no security at all.
> Fraud would be very easy.
> We could use it for informal stuff, but I don't think we could rely on the
> Wiki for any official game business.

Hmmm. I wonder, would having accounts on nomic.net for officers be a
solution, then? Or, I suppose I could just make sure I'm linking to all
off-site game material.

> > > Thoughts for the first week of the similarity game:
> > > Although Dan was by far the most thorough, he also submitted first,. If w
> > > ever have a really easy challenge, then whoever checks their e-mail most
> > > often will probably win, since there is no set time for the challenge to
> > > be posted.
> >
> > Huh? I don't get it. Why would this be?
>
> We don't know when the challenge will be posted, since there's no set
> time. The first "most-correct" answer wins. Theoretically, this could
> create the opportunity for a scam (with a relatively small
> impact). Probably I'm just driveling. Ignore me.

Oh, I get it now. If two people sent in the same answer, then the first one would win. I didn't catch that "first" part.

--
J.