Joel Uckelman on 14 Dec 2000 15:49:17 -0000

Re: spoon-discuss: Points so far...

Quoth "Harrison, Andrew":
> I've just been checking the current status of everyones points, and I've
> found that I can't reconcile the current totals. I'm a bit unsure about what
> to do about this, so I'll post my thoughts to see what others think. Below
> are extracts from the Event Log on the web site as at Sat 02 Dec 2000
> 00:16:00 UTC. Note I have removed the middle part of the line to avoid
> formatting problems with line wrapping. Since the Event Log is the official
> nweekly report of the Administrator, and the Standings page is an unofficial
> summary, I'm inclined to use the former as the correct one.
>
> Please can all players check the following:
> 1. Check that all entries from the event log that affect their points are
> listed below.
> 2. Check that there are no other events that they feel should have affected
> their points, but were not in the event log.
> 3. Check that I have correctly totalled the points listed below.
>
> Joel, if there is something stupid that I've missed, please let me know.
>
> These are the totals I've calculated, with the numbers reported on the
> 'Standings' page in brackets:
>
> Poulenc, 153 (249) [[NB: This is not including your recent vote purchase.]]
> Joel Uckelman, 166 (247)
> The Kid, 116 (148)
> Josh Kortbein, 102 (143)
> Zagarna, 65 (108)
> Remo, 29 (55)
> M'cachessilnath, 42 (42)
> Benjamin, 24 (28)
> Potter, 9 (18)
> Jeff Schroeder, 8 (16)
> XnJester, 8 (15)
> Ed, 7 (14)
> 4T2-Supreme Ruler of Everything, 0 (0)
> God, -5 (-5)
>

> Note I haven't checked that the points listed in the event log were
> calculated correctly as I saw no reason to suspect they weren't, so if
> anyone is inclined to check that too, please go ahead ;-)

<snip>

Most of these seem to be off by quite a bit. Hmm. I think the Event Log should be correct; it looks like the Standings generator doesn't add correctly. I'll look into this soon, probably on Saturday or Sunday.

--
J.