Dan Waldron on 2 Dec 2000 18:29:28 -0000

Re: spoon-discuss: oh, no, here it comes again

> I don't much care for chess either. I can confidently say that Go is
> extremely unlike it. Anyway, I'll probably be proposing more than one
> subgame, so if you don't like this one, maybe you'll like a different
one.
> (What to do about people who don't want to play Political Go is something
> we should consider--I don't want it to be so important that anyone feels
> compelled to do so.)

Stones should be transferable objects so they can be sold.  I, for one,
will be in the market as a buyer.

There should be a game reward for playing Political Go.  Here's an idea:
the number of board-points controlled by a player should be added to a
counter-variable each nweek.  When the counter-variable reaches a preset
value (perhaps the total number of points in the board?) that player
is rewarded with an extra vote from the bank.

That way there is an incentive to participate (one extra vote on one
proposal every few nweeks) for players who participate and do well, and if
you don't want to participate you can always sell your stones and buy
yourself an extra vote with the points from that.

Anybody like this idea?  I'll write it up in a proposal once we see how
the game will take shape.

Poulenc.