Joel Uckelman on 27 Nov 2000 17:22:46 -0000

Re: spoon-discuss: wish list

Quoth "Harrison, Andrew":
> > Once this semester is over (mid-December), I'll once again be able to
> > devote time to improving the web page. A few things I intend to add:
> >
> > indices for Proposals, Rules, Judgments, etc.
> > compressed message archives
> > a search feature
> > a categorized Ruleset
> >
> > If anyone has something they'd like added to this list, let
> > me know (--even
> > if you've suggested it before.  If it didn't make it onto the
> > list, there's
> > a good chance I've forgotten about it.)
>
> I'd thought about the rule index myself, but it seemed to large an ongoing
> job. How would you plan to do it? Would you try to automate it somehow, or
> do it my hand?

A numerical index would differ from the numerical listings only in how much
information is displayed. Similar things could be said about a subject
index and a (putative) categorized ruleset. So, a rule index won't be hard
to generate automatically.

--
J.

--