Joel Uckelman on 6 Nov 2000 05:51:26 -0000

spoon-discuss: Re: spoon-business: Proposal: What's in a Name.

Quoth "Kieron Jarvis":

> <sigh>
>
> I hereby withdraw my Proposal titled "What's in a name".
>
> XnJester.
>
> [[I don't know if you guys are trying to drive off anyone who wasn't in
> Berserker but you're doing a good job of it. So far, I haven't heard
> anything about any of my posts which looked particularly positive.

Well, I'm not. I haven't been in favor of your proposals; that doesn't mean
I want you to go away.

> Now, I
> didn't think I was doing anything wrong. I tried to follow the rules, to
> make some corrections to the rules, and just generally to participate. But
> now I've had enough. I'm going to send this whinge letter then sit in the
> corner of the game and sulk. I will participate only minimally for now, but
> don't expect anything progressive from me until I work out what it is you
> guys really want. Oh, and Joel, when you get around to adding this nomic to
> the net nomic database what name will you use ?  Or do you think this
> particular nomic is above listing there ?  I don't always like every name I
> see or even have some involvement with, but to assume that a name is
> unneeded is insular and arrogant.]]

I *do* think we should have a name so the game can be referred to by the
outside world. Maybe I didn't make that clear. I know Josh (and one other
player, I don't remember whom) doesn't want a name, but that's only one
vote against it.

--
J.

--