Harrison, Andrew on 11 Oct 2000 13:51:55 -0000

RE: spoon-discuss: Re: spoon-business: voting reminder

> From: Andrew Proescholdt [mailto:apresh@xxxxxxxxxxx]
>
> Are you sure its a 7 hour difference?
> I have something that says there is a 5 hour difference
> between CST and GMT.
>
> Ed

According to the clock on Windows, you can choose from the following:
GMT -5:00 = Eastern Time
GMT -6:00 = Central Time
GMT -7:00 = Mountain Time
GMT -8:00 = Pacific Time

However, if I understood Joel properly, you are in Daylight Savings time at
the moment, so you need to subtract another hour for that. Of course for me
it's easy cos I only have to make the hour adjustment for BST, which doesn't
really make much difference unless I start playing Nomic in the middle of
the night.

When does Daylight Saving end for you? Our BST ends 29th October. If it's
the same in the States then maybe it's worth changing the time system in the
Nomic to something that's easier to work.

--
The Kid