Peter Cooper Jr. on Thu, 21 May 2015 16:26:12 -0700 (MST)

[s-b] Administrator's Report 8E.2.1

Edward Murphy joined the game. Welcome!

I saw votes from Peter, 0x44, Wooble, Comex, Billy Pilgrim, Ien, Edward
Murphy, Wild Card, & Codae.
Votes are updated in the Votes tab of the Spreadsheet.

Wild Card submitted and then amended Proposal “A Little Extra Thought”,
which I assign Number 2-2.

At the end of 8E.1.12, the Open proposals for our first nweek resolve. It
appears to be quite the consensus that this era of B Nomic will explore (at
least to start) the implications of time travel. I’m glad that at least the
beginnings of a justice system are emerging, but for now in the absence of
further direction I’ve decided to follow the "many-worlds" theory of time
travel, that each time something changes the past, a new universe branches
off where that change happened, but the "original" universe from where
change came from continues on without it. I feel that this is the best
chance of the game not totally being bogged down in paradoxes for now,
though it may have significantly more bookkeeping and I don't know if this
is the model we will continue to use. As each of these parallel universe
games share the public forum, and perhaps each even doesn't know of the
others' existence (if I may anthropomorphize the game a bit), I'm not sure
whether a proposal of the form "If this is the ____ universe" works, though
I expect conditionals like "If the Rule entitled 'Points' exists" will work
the same as has generally been established. For use referring to these
universes, I'm calling our original game B Prime (B′), and the games in
parallel timelines B(1-7), B(1-11), and B(1-7)(1-11) based on which
proposals have had an impact in them, at least until we come up with a
better convention.

Passed Proposals resolve as follows:

Proposal 1-1 creates 5 rules in a new "Language" section. I number the
Section as 5, and number the Rules therein 5-1 through 5-5.

Proposal 1-2 amends Rule 2-2.

Proposal 1-3 creates a new Rule 0-0, to which I assign the Title "Resets". I
create a new Section, number it 0, title it "Contingencies", and put that
new Rule within it. The Reset Ruleset is posted to a new tab in the
spreadsheet. (Note that the B(1-11) and B(1-7)(1-11) universes have a Rule
3-8 in them.)

Proposal 1-4 amends Rule 1-4. (Though I have a feeling it only passed
because people were hoping it has different holes in it than the prior
rule.)

In the B′ and B(1-11) universes, Proposal 1-5 creates 3 rules in a new
"Scoring" section. I number the Section as 6, and number the Rules therein
6-1 through 6-3. It also amends the last sentence of Rule 4-7.
In the B(1-7) and B(1-7)(1-11) universes, Proposal 1-5 (with the text of
Proposal 1-7) attempts to amend itself before it becomes passed. I think
that either (a) this creates infinitely many universe that are all
identical, so we may as well treat them as one, or (b) attempts to amend
itself infinitely and the universe is in some sort of paradoxical state.
Either way, I'm not going to consider any recursive universes from this any
further.

Proposal 1-6 creates a new Emergencies rule. I number it 0-1 and place it in
section 0.

Proposal 1-7 amends Proposal 1-5 before it passes, creating the B(1-7)
universe in which that happened.

Proposal 1-9 creates 3 rules in a new "Colors" section. I number the Section
as 7, and number the Rules therein 7-1 through 7-3. It then amends Rule 4-2.
In the B′ and B(1-11) universes, it creates a new "Color Bonus" in that
section, which I number 7-4.

Proposal 1-11 creates Rule 3-8 at the very beginning of the Eighth Era,
creating universe B(1-11) (from B′) and universe B(1-7)(1-11) (from B(1-7)).
I put it in section 3. (Note that the rule is also in the Reset Ruleset in
those universes.)

Proposal 1-12 amends Rule 2-3, and creates 8 rules in a new section. I
assign the Section Number 8 and Title "Requests for Resolution". I assign
the rules therein numbers 8-1 through 8-8.

Proposal 1-13 creates a new Rule in Section 4, which I number 4-8. It also
amends Rule 4-6.

Proposal 1-15 creates 4 new Rules, which I number 9-1 through 9-4. I create
a new Section, number it 9, title it "Celestial Bodies", and put the rules
within it. It also creates the Sun and the Moon.

At the beginning of 8E.2.1, in the B′ and B(1-11) universes where we have
scoring, points are awarded for proposals. The details are on the Votes tab
of the spreadsheet, and Point totals are now on the Players tab.

Also, all Proposals had an "e" in them, so the Moon is Phased to 0001.

I turn on the Clock.

--
Peter C.
The status of B Nomic as I know it is at <http://bnomic.org>.