Ed Murphy on Wed, 28 Jul 2010 19:12:00 -0700 (MST)

Re: [s-b] [s-d] Multiple names, part two.

teucer wrote:

> For each of the following names, I kick all players who have that name
> and are not me in the ass: {{Marr965}}, {{compsciguy}}, {{JamesB}},
> {{Murphy}}, {{Gitchel, The One and Only Respected One}}. In all cases,
> the kicks are for failing to obey the requirements of Rule 2.
>
> [[Guys, you had three ndays to come up with unique names. Only 0x44,
> formerly Rule --9999, chose to do so. (I'm not kicking players who
> didn't post in the meantime, since kicking people for not paying
> attention seems unsporting.) Note that the validity of these kicks can
> only be determined pending 0x44's judgement on CFI 123A1.]]

I argue that these kicks are invalid, as "having uniquely identifying
names" is not an action, and thus Rule 14 is silent on the definition
of "must" in this context.

CFI:  Multiple Kicks in the Ass may be given in response to a failure
to act, provided that at least one Kick in the Ass may be given in
response to it.