C-walker on Sat, 27 Jun 2009 11:21:03 -0700 (MST)

[s-b] Merging the Notary and Registrar

teucer wrote:
> C-walker wrote:
>> What does everyone think about merging the offices of Notary and
>> Registrar? The Notary currently has a grand total of zero public
>> contracts to track and the registrar has a similarly low workload.
>> Also, the Registrar tracked "Agreements" and "Factions" before we went
>> all Agoran, so this fits with the theme of re-Bifying the ruleset. Any
>> other comments?
>
> FOR.

As there have been no other comments and there is full support for
merging the Assessor and GP, I submit the following proposal:

{

Public Sector Merger (AI = 2, II = 1)

Repeal Rule 63 (The Notary)

Change the Power of Rule 80 (The Registrar) to 2, and amend it to read, in full:

{{

The Registrar is an office; its holder is responsible for keeping
track of players and contracts.

The Registrar's weekly report includes, for each player:

a) Information sufficient to identify and contact em.
b) The date on which e most recently became a player.

The Registrar's weekly report also includes a list of public contracts.

The Registrar's monthly report includes each public contract's text
and set of parties.

The parties to a public contract SHALL keep the Registrar informed of
its text and set of parties.

The parties to a private contract SHOULD keep the Notary informed of
its text and set of parties.  The Notary SHALL disclose this
information (to the extent that e has been informed of it) to the
judge of an equity case pertaining to that contract.  The Notary SHALL
NOT disclose it otherwise, except as explicitly allowed by the
contract, or with the explicit consent of all parties.

The Notary CAN terminate any contract without objection.

}}

Flip the Interest Index of the Registrar office to 2.

Upon the adoption of this proposal, the officer responsible for
keeping track of officers and reports SHALL, as soon as possible,
initiate an election for the Registrar office.

}

--
C-walker