Jamie Dallaire on Fri, 30 Jan 2009 22:54:09 -0700 (MST)

Re: [s-b] [s-d] Consultation 196 on ehird and the time rip

On Fri, Jan 30, 2009 at 7:05 PM, Jamie Dallaire <bad.leprechaun@xxxxxxxxx>wrote:

> On Fri, Jan 30, 2009 at 6:51 PM, Elliott Hird <
> penguinofthegods@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>

>> On 30 Jan 2009, at 22:29, Jamie Dallaire wrote:
>>
>>  I SUPPORT the Activation of the above Tweak submitted by Murphy. ehird
>>> still
>>> has to submit his.
>>>

>> The submission was in the same action, as I labeled it as the "following
>> Tweak".
>>
>> If you want to argue for that interpretation, which isn't backed up by the
>> rules,
>> then we have some serious gamestate recalculation to do.
>

> You're totally right, actually. I even argued along the same lines in my
> recent Answer about submitting Proposals.
>
> I SUPPORT the Activation of ehird's most recently submitted Tweak.

Well, now, I don't know anymore... I'm not trying to be obstructionist here,
and this might just be pedantic, but this just occurred to me and I should
say it in case it's important.

"As a game action without objection, a Player can activate a Tweak he
submitted during the current or previous nweek"

The problem with ehird's Tweak activation above isn't that he didn't submit
the Tweak. He did, just like we often submit proposals by just typing
"Proposal:" followed by the text of the proposal. My previous argument
against that was off base.

The problem with ehird's "I intend to activate the following Tweak: { Set
the gamestate to what it would be if ehird had been a Player continually
since Jan 16th 2009. }" might actually be that he intends to activate before
he submits the Tweak (note that I don't think this is equivalent to the
common "I submit and intend to activate the following Tweak" formula). The
piece of Rule I quoted above uses the past tense for "submitted", making me
think that there's a chance that ehird's attempt there might not work...

BP