Charles Schaefer on Wed, 3 Dec 2008 03:51:25 -0700 (MST)

Re: [s-b] (Burnt Sienna) Proposal: Contracts Plus

I revise my proposal to read:

> {Create a new rule titled "Contract Law" with the following text:
> {A Player may create a uniquely named Game Document known as a Contract.
> Players who are bound by a Contract are known as Parties to that contract.
> Contracts may be modified with the explicit approval of all parties, as well
> as in any other way allowed by that Contract. A Contract may specify ways
> for Players to become, or cease to become, Parties to it, provided that no
> Player shall be made a Party to a Contract without their explicit consent.
>
> When a Party becomes obligated by a Contract to perform a specific game
> action, any Player may Trigger that action on the Public Forum, causing the
> obligated Party to attempt it.
>
> Contracts may create Things, which are Game Objects that exist only within
> the scope of that Contract, but may be referenced from other contexts.
> Things may not be created with the same name as any existing Game Object.
> Any object or state that a Contract claims to create which is not authorized
> by the Rules is considered a Thing.
>
> There exists a Ministry known as the Ministry of Business. The Minister of
> Business, also known as the Arbiter, is responsible for maintaining a Public
> Display of all Contracts and their current text, parties and other game
> state. The Minister may delegate authority and responsibility of maintaining
> a specific Contract's Public Display to any Party of that Contract.
>
> If a Contract has no Parties, any Player may cause it to cease to be a Game
> Object.

 A Contract declaring itself to be a set of Articles of Incorporation
> creates a Legal Entity known as a Corporation. Articles of Incorporation
> must, at minimum, establish the name of the Corporation and at define at
> least one Officer. Only parties to a Corporation's Articles of Incorporation
> can be Officers of that Corporation.
>
> Officers of a Corporation shall collectively ensure that the Corporation
> fulfills the obligations specified in its Articles or any other Contract to
> which it may be Party. Only a Party to the Articles of Incorporation may
> become an Officer of a Corporation. Unless otherwise restricted by the
> Articles of Incorporation, an officer may act on behalf of a Corporation by
> submitting a game action on behalf of the Corporation, explicitly stating
> the actions described in are being performed by the Corporation.
>
> Any Corporation, whose Articles of Incorporation do not comply with this
> rule, ceases to be a Legal Entity and the Articles of Incorporation cease to
> be a Game Object.
>
> A Contract may declare itself to be a Power of Attorney, specifying a
> Principal and an Agent, who must both be Parties to the Contract. A Power of
> Attorney is either General or Limited, defaulting to Limited. A General
> Power of Attorney authorizes the Agent to cause any actions except those
> specified as Reservations, while a Limited Power of Attorney authorizes the
> Agent to cause ONLY those actions specified as Delegations. When
> authorized, the Agent may send a message to a public forum causing the
> Principal to take any action which the Principal is legally able to take.
> }}

MoC Note: I removed the dependancy on J's proposal.

This now incorporates J's contract law text, with some improvements.

--
Charles Schaefer