Jamie Dallaire on Thu, 20 Nov 2008 21:56:41 -0700 (MST)

Re: [s-b] MathNauts, Declare Yourselves!

On Thu, Nov 20, 2008 at 11:40 PM, Tyler <wisety@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Seeing as Proposal 514 most likely passed, I gain the property MathNaut. My
> Attributes should be defaulted as follows.
> Variable: the ndelay
> Input: 1
> Target: Ty-Guy6
> Role: Investigator

It did pass by my count.

> The Stage Attribute for MathFlag is defaulted to Preliminary, but the
> gamesmaster can change this at any time!

I'm not sure that it's officially in the Preliminary Stage until MathFlag
actually becomes Open as a subgame. Just to be sure you (we, I'm joining
too) should redo this once the game becomes Open.

I gain the property MathNaut.

> I have a few questions for the current Gamesmaster, Charles (Or maybe I
> should be asking the game inventor, BP):
> What will be reported for weird fraction outputs like 5/7? I hope you will
> convert these to decimal or something. Otherwise that division sign is
> pretty useless.

I think any rational number can be reported pretty easily as a decimal. For
irrational numbers, the Gamemaster might have to report a fraction or
exponent or whatever the form was, if e wants to report the exact answer.

> Can we use 'i' more than once in our expression? 'v'?

However many i's and v's as you want, is what the subgame says.

Can we put combinations in our expression like '1' and '0' to make ten? How
> about '2' and 'i' to make two times i? Or do we have to use 5*2 or 2*i?

I guess the document isn't as clear as I htought, but my intention was that
you could combine digits like that, yeah. Not so for operations, however.
The subgame explicitly details the operators used and how they are to be
interpreted, and only * results in multiplication.

I guess before actually starting we should come up with a quick list of
tweaks to make it work propertly. e.g. a valid expression is only valid if
it can fully be evaluated using the guidelines for interpreting operations
provided in the subgame. So a secret expression like "3i4" just wouldn't
make sense.

BP