Jamie Dallaire on Fri, 7 Nov 2008 14:57:21 -0700 (MST)

Re: [s-b] Proposal: The Plague

On Fri, Nov 7, 2008 at 4:50 PM, Ed Murphy <emurphy42@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> I submit a Consultation on the following question:  If a player is
> assigned a fine in macks (thus enabling em to destroy that number
> of macks), is e thus able to destroy macks e does not own?

I'm pretty sure e is. Which is a good point because I didn't guard against
that in this proposal, which I shall revise. A while back I was being tried
for multiple counts of murder, and threatened other players with a secret
"nuclear option" if I were to be found guilty and heavily fined. Eventually
that all just went away (not because of the intimidation), but the nuclear
option indeed was to destroy everyone else's macks, and when I did reveal
the scam people seemed to agree that was possible. That said I can't recall
anyone amending that rule since.

I revise the Proposal entitled "The Plague" to read:

{
There exists a Ministry known as the Ministry of Health. The Minister of
Public Health, also known as the Physician, or as Bones, is responsible for
maintaining a Public Display of all Plagued Game Objects, making all random
selections called for in this Rule using nomic.net's dice server, and
announcing the results to the Public Forum.

Plagued is a Property with a Scope of all Game Objects and a default value
of False. Game Objects with the Plagued Property may be said to be Plagued.

Virulence is an Attribute with a Scope of all Plagued Game Objects, a Range
of all positive integers, and a default value of 2.

At the start of nday 1, each Plagued Game Object has a percent probability
of being destroyed (ie ceasing to exist) equal to the square of (its
Virulence + 2).

Then, for every Game Object that was Plagued at the start of the nweek (even
those which have just been destroyed by this Rule), a number of randomly
selected non-Plagued Game Objects, equal to the square of each Plagued Game
Object's Virulence, become Plagued. Then, the Virulence of every Game Object
is increased by one. Then, 10 more randomly selected Game Objects become
Plagued.

At any time, any Player may remove any specified Game Object's Plagued
Property by destroying 50 of his own macks.
}

Billy Pilgrim