Ed Murphy on Sun, 19 Oct 2008 20:44:14 -0700 (MST)

Re: [s-b] BUS: Intent to make Werewolves a cross-nomic game

I wrote:

> FYI to B players, the current text of the contract in question is
> available here:
>
>   http://agora.eso-std.org/notary-report#the-werewolves-of-agora-nomic

Additional FYI to B players, I recently added and used this clause:

1f) The contestmaster CAN end the current session without objection.

and replaced all of section 3 with this clause:

3) At the start of each day phase, each townsperson's vote for who to
   lynch (not an Agoran decision) is initialized to null.  Each
   townsperson CAN change eir vote to any other townsperson, or to null,
   by announcement.  Whenever a majority of townspersons are voting for
   the same townsperson, that townsperson is lynched (killed); the
   contestmaster SHALL ASAP disclose whether e was a werewolf, the day
   phase ends, and a night phase begins.

> Without member objection, I intend to amend the Werewolves contract
> by replacing this text:
>
>   1a) The name of this public contract is The Werewolves of Agora Nomic.
>
>   1b) The purpose of this contract is to be a contest.
>
>   1c) Any first-class person CAN become a member of this contract by
>       announcement.
>
> with this text:
>
>   1a) The name of this public contract is The Werewolves of Nomic
>       Crossing.
>
>   1b) The purpose of this contract is to be a contest in Agora Nomic
>       and a subgame in B Nomic.
>
>   1c) Any first-class person CAN join or leave this contract by
>       announcement (as defined by Agora).  Any Human External Force
>       can join or leave this contract as a Game Action (as defined
>       by B).
>
> and by appending this text to clause 1:
>
>   1f) The contestmaster can end the subgame without member objection.
>
>   1g) All communications pertaining to this contract are to be posted
>       to at least one forum of each nomic in which it is a contract.
>
>   1h) All members of this contract in one nomic shall, in a timely
>       fashion, become members of it in any other nomic in which they
>       are a player and this contract is a contract.
>
>   1i) Whenever this contract becomes a contract in a new nomic, the
>       identity of the contestmaster in its existing nomic(s) (if
>       consistent) is transferred to the new nomic.
>
> and by replacing this text in clause 5:
>
>   In either case, the contestmaster SHALL (in the same announcement
>   causing it to occur) award floor(P/N) points to each winner of the
>   session, where P is the maximum number of points that a contest CAN
>   award per week, and N is the number of winners of the session.
>
> with this text:
>
>   In either case, the contestmaster SHALL (in the same announcement
>   causing it to occur) award
>
>     i) (in Agora) floor(P/N) points to each winner of the session,
>        where P is the maximum number of points that a contest CAN
>        award per week, and N is the number of winners of the session.
>
>    ii) (in B) a silver Trophy to each winner of the session.

Having received no objections, I make these changes.

Planned cleanup (I'll get this formally moving once B's Emergency ends):

Replace 1c) with:

  1c) Any first-class person (as defined by Agora) or Human External
      Force (as defined by B) CAN join or leave this contract.

Amend 1d) by replacing "by the rules." with "by the rules of Agora
and B".

Replace both sections labeled 1f) with this text:

  1f) The contestmaster CAN end the current session and/or end the
      subgame without member objection.

Amend 1g) by replacing "in which it is a contract" with "in which it is
a contract, unless a limited set of recipients is specified".

Amend 2) and 3) and 7c) by removing "by announcement" (and, for 3), the
comma immediately preceding it).