Tyler on Tue, 14 Oct 2008 16:28:11 -0700 (MST)

Re: [s-b] Consultation 137

I claim this Answer and Oracularity to be INCONSISTENT.

The part that doesn't ring true in the Answer is "Since Officers are
bound by the Articles of Incorporation to act on behalf of the Company."

Rule 79 doesn't bind an Officer to act as the Contract says he must, it only
says, "Officers of a Corporation shall collectively ensure that the
Corporation fulfills the obligations specified in its Articles." 'Shall' is
not 'Is Bound To.' It (Shall) only means that if the player doesn't, he can
be fined m5-m50. 'Is Bound To' in regard to Contracts means that an
Oracularity can and should enforce that the player does it. No penalty, just
cold hard justice.

On Mon, Oct 13, 2008 at 8:19 PM, 0x44 <bnomic@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> I answer consultation 137 NO.
>
> 4e79 ostensibly obligates Officers of a Corporation to collectively
> ensure that the /Corporation/ fulfills its obligations as specified in
> its Articles. It does not establish that the Articles establish
> obligations upon the Officers themselves. Furthermore, if 4e79 obliged
> the Officers of a Corporation to fulfill obligations as defined in the
> Articles of their Corporation, Rule 4e70 expressly prohibits Contracts
> (of which Corporations are a subset) from binding any Legal Entity who
> does not /voluntarily/ become bound to the Contract. Since Officers are
> bound by the Articles of Incorporation to act on behalf of the Company,
> and Rule 4e70 provides only a single mechanism for becoming bound to a
> Contract, the CPA and CPA2 contracts could not have produced a
> Corporation, as Rule 4e79 requires that the Articles name at least one.
>
> Oracularity:
> {
>    50 mackerel from each of the players known as Murphy, Goethe, and
> Taral at the time of the submission of this Answer is transfered to the
> OCB. If when this Answer becomes Pondered, they do not have enough macks
> to make the transfer, each player gains the "Liened" Property.
> }
>
> // I hope that is a fitting punishment for their fiduciary shenanigans.
>
> --
> --
> 0x44;

 -Tyler