Jamie Dallaire on Wed, 18 Jun 2008 21:54:14 -0700 (MST)

Re: [s-b] [s-d] Billy Pilgrim's Refresh Proposal

On Wed, Jun 18, 2008 at 10:37 PM, Charles Schaefer <chuckles11489@xxxxxxxxx>
wrote:

> 2008/6/18, Jamie Dallaire <bad.leprechaun@xxxxxxxxx>:
> >

> > Set the gamestate to what it would be if all Game Actions attempted since
> > Moment E (except any attempted by the Player named ehird prior to June
> > 19th,
> > 2008), that would have been valid in the context of the current
> Gamestate,
> > were valid.

Hmmmmm, maybe... Thanks! I'd actually have to make sure because I know the
last MoS PD published before Moment E did not include any of that Paranoia
(maybejust  0x44's long-standing paranoia if he still was at that point.
can't remember) so those Paranoids would not exist. However the others like
me who went Paranoid after that moment might have set off the procedure. To
avoid having to check, I revise my Refresh Proposal to read:

{{
In this Refresh Proposal, "Moment E" refers to 19:59 UTC on June 12th, 2008
(the instant at which the current State of Emergency was originally thought
to have begun (i.e. when 4 PEPs had announced that they were setting their
Mental State to Paranoid))

Any changes to the gamestate listed below in this Refresh Proposal are to be
carried out in order from top to bottom without compromising the integrity
of the current Emergency Procedure and without giving rise to any other
Emergency Procedure. Specifically, any changes to the Rules or to Mental
States or Panic Buttons that would do so are skipped and are retroactively
simulated after all other changes called for by the Refresh Proposal have
taken place.

Set the gamestate to what it would be if the last version of each Public
Display published before Moment E was correct at the time it was published,
but set all Mental States to Calm.

Set the gamestate to what it would be if all Game Actions attempted since
Moment E (except any attempted by the Player named ehird prior to June 19th,
2008), that would have been valid in the context of the current Gamestate,
were valid.

Add m80 to BP First Bank of Switzerland's mackerel. [[Yeah, I know. Sorta
cheap to do this in an RP. But the thing is I'd challenge the Public Display
but I'm not sure how it'd go down with ratifying gamestate or displays in
the same time frame. It's just less trouble this way. If you look at the
sock report for the end of pseud-nweek 144, you'll see that 80 macks were du
to the Bank but were never added on the Public Display.]]

In Rule 4E53, at the end of the first paragraph, insert the following text:
"Unless the rules explicitly state otherwise, a Minister has the power to
make any changes to Game Objects strictly necessary to fulfill his
Ministerial Obligations."
Then, at the start of the next paragraph change "ny" to "Any".
Designate the Forum consisting of the mailing list with the address
spoon-notices@xxxxxxxxx as a Private Forum.

Set the Clock's state to Off, its nday value to 1, and its nweek value to
145.

In Rule 4E14, replace the following sentence:
"If the Clock is Off, there are no Vacant Ministries, and there are no
outstanding ministerial obligations (other than the one described in this
paragraph) the MoM is obligated to turn the Clock On."
by:
"If the Clock is Off and there are no Vacant Ministries, the MoM is
obligated to turn the Clock On."

Set all Mental States to Calm. Destroy any and all Panic Buttons.

}}