0x44 on Thu, 7 Feb 2008 13:41:38 -0700 (MST)

Re: [s-b] consultation

Roger Hicks wrote:
> On Feb 7, 2008 6:53 AM, Antonio Dolcetta <antonio.dolcetta@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
>> I submit the following consultation:
>>
>> {
>> Is Proposal 350 Hurried ?
>> }
I answer Consultation #106, YES.

Reasoning: There are currently 8 Players with the Active Property. A
Quiggle is defined as 1/2 the number of Active Players minus one, or .5
* 8 - 1. This nweek, a Quiggle is 3. Three players supported Hurrying
proposal #350. Further, proposal #350 could not have been amended to
Revision 3 prior to being Hurried, as Hose's Game Action reached the
public forum a full seven minutes prior to the receipt of Antonio's. In
the absence of synchronized time-keeping, and in keeping with the
vagaries of routing over the public internet upon which this game is
played, we cannot help but to treat Game Actions as occurring in the
order they were /Received/. Indeed, rule 4e7 establishes that Game
Actions occur upon reaching the appropriate forum, in the order they
arrived. Hose's Action occurred first because Hose's action arrived first.

I do not believe it necessary to include an Oracularity.