Justin Ahmann on Thu, 24 Jan 2008 21:30:50 +0100 (CET)

Re: [s-b] [s-d] Consultation: Hot Tomato

I agree with the Priest's answer, but I feel the Oracularity is unnecessary and its modified rule is ambiguous.  I therefore claim this answer INCONSISTENT.

Oh wait... that wasn't to the Public Forum.  I guess you can reanswer it with a different Oracularity.

Codae

----- Original Message ----
From: Aaron Coquet <farfromunique@xxxxxxxxx>
To: discussion list for B Nomic <spoon-discuss@xxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Thursday, January 24, 2008 1:14:44 PM
Subject: Re: [s-d] [s-b] Consultation: Hot Tomato

I answer this consultation YES with the following reasoning:
The "Throw" power does not have an effect that causes damage.

However, since having possessed the Tomato in question implies knowledge of
the result of the auto-triggered action, I submit the following oracularity:
{
change the text of rule 4E24 to be:
{
There is an attribute "Hit Points", also known as "HP", with a scope of all
Players, a range of all non-negative integers, and a default value of 10.

If a Player's Hit Points would ever be set to a value less than 0, it is
instead set to 0. Any Player whose Hit Points equal 0 is considered to be
"Dead". All other players are considered to be "Alive".

There is an attribute "Maximum Hit Points" with a scope of all players, a
range of all non-negative integers, and a default value of 10. Thrice per
nweek (at the end of ndays 4, 8, and 12), any player who is "Alive" whose
hit points are lower than his attribute "Maximum Hit Points" shall recover 1
hit point up to the value of their attribute "Maximum Hit Points."

No Player may perform any action that directly causes the Hit Points or
macks of another Player who is currently his Twin to be reduced. In
addition, no Player may activate a power on a device which would cause
another Player who is currently his Twin to take damage, even if the damage
would occur after the two Players are no longer Twins.
}

}

--
Aaron C
"H. P. Lovecraft is Rock and Roll" -- Neil Gaiman