ihope on Sat, 12 Jan 2008 02:13:10 +0100 (CET)

[s-b] An alternative Hurrying

I submit a proposal, titled "Let's not be hasty":

{In Rule 4E15, replace the text

"Status (Range: Pending, Open, Historical; Default: Pending)"

with:

"Status (Range: Pending, Hurried, Open, Historical; Default: Pending)"

In Rule 4E15, replace the text

"At the beginning of each Voting Period, all Pending proposals become Open."

with:

"At the beginning of each Voting Period, all Pending and Hurried
proposals become Open."

In Rule 4E15, replace the text under the heading "Hurrying Votes" with:

'The Particular Voting Period for a given nweek, or just "Particular
Voting", is defined as the period of time from the beginning of nday 4
of that nweek until the end of nday 7 of that nweek.

At the beginning of each Particular Voting Period, all Hurried
proposals become Open.

When the clock is On, as a Game Action, any Player may, if he obtains
a number of supporters that is Quorum minus one, Hurry a specific
Pending Proposal. When a proposal is Hurried in this manner, if its
Status was Pending, its Status becomes Hurried.'

In Rule 4E15, replace the text "When Voting ends, the following events
happen, in order" with "When Voting or Particular Voting ends, the
following events happen, in order:"}

Hopefully I didn't miss anything, eh? Note that this fixes (I think)
the issue of one Particular Voting Period ending resulting in all
votes being tallied.

--Ivan Hope CXXVII