Ed Murphy on Mon, 31 Dec 2007 18:12:45 -0700 (MST)

Re: [s-b] Consultation: Did the s**m work?

Codae wrote:

> I submit the following Consultation:
>
> {
> Question: Does Billy Pilgrim have 11 Hit Points?
>
> Reasoning: Rule 24 states, " Each nday, any living player whose hit points have been reduced shall recover 1 hit point up to their maximum number of hit points."  However, the maximum number of hit points is not defined by the Rules, and thus nobody stops healing.  Billy Pilgrim, is, so far, the only Player whose hit points have been reduced, so he is the only one who has healed beyond 10.
> }
>
> This is Consultation 80.  I assign it to Priest Murphy.

The most natural reading of "maximum number of hit points" is "maximum
number of hit points that the rules permit that player to have".  There
is no such limit, so I answer Yes.

Oracularity:

Amend Rule 24 (RPG) by replacing "and a default value of 10" with "a
default value of 10, and a default maximum of 10".

Each player with more than 10 Hit Points has their Hit Points set to 10.