Josiah Worcester on Tue, 11 Dec 2007 17:31:18 -0700 (MST)

Re: [s-b] meta-proposal: a theoretical framework for ending the Emergency without waiting

On Tuesday 11 December 2007 07:37:58 Geoffrey Spear wrote:
> Consider this:
>
> Some Player announces in the Public Forum that he is, as a Game
> Action, changing the beginning of the 1st paragraph of Rule 1-10 to
> read "Any player (as a Game Action) may, with 2 support, declare any
> Game Action which has occurred within the past NDay to be Invalid".
>
> We all agree not to declare this patently illegal game action Invalid
> within the next nday.  We also all agree to adopt a Refresh Proposal
> harshly punishing anyone who does declare this action Invalid.
>
> Tomorrow night at 0:00 UTC, Rule 1-10 automatically ratifies the
> change to itself, we all turn our panic buttons off, and live happily
> ever after.
>
> --Wooble

Agora's Child submits the following transaction:
BEGIN TRANSACTION
As a Game Action, I change
{
Any player (as a Game Action) may declare any Game Action which has occurred
within the past NDay to be Invalid, unless that Game Action was to declare
another Game Action invalid, or to submit a consultation. An invalid Game
Action is treated as if it never occurred. An Outsider whose Game Action has
been declared invalid may submit a consultation whose text reads "XXX is
valid", where XXX is the Game Action they attempted to perform. When that
consultation becomes Pondered, if the priest answered it Yes, the Player who
declared that game action to be invalid loses 10 Points.
}
to read
{
Any player (as a Game Action) may, with 2 support, declare any Game Action
which has occurred within the past NDay to be Invalid, unless that Game
Action was to declare another Game Action invalid, or to submit a
consultation. An invalid Game Action is treated as if it never occurred. An
Outsider whose Game Action has been declared invalid may submit a
consultation whose text reads "XXX is valid", where XXX is the Game Action
they attempted to perform. When that consultation becomes Pondered, if the
priest answered it Yes, the Player who declared that game action to be
invalid loses 10 Points.
}
in rule 1-10.
END TRANSACTION
I stop my panic button.
The AFO, if it is a PEP, stops its panic button.