Aaron Coquet on Mon, 10 Dec 2007 17:29:58 -0700 (MST)

[s-b] About panics

First, yes. This is to both forums. sorry for the wasted bandwidth. I
don't know where to put it.

Why are we panicking again? This is silly.
First off, I think that part of the reason we're in a panic is that we
discovered that we have Buttons that we can activate, and so we're
trying out ways of activating them. Consider the following:

I cause, via the appropriate wording and posting to forums, my Panic
button to become "On"
I now, in the same way, cause the opposite to happen.

That was FUN. Admit it, if you have a panic button, and you have hit /
pressed / switched / toggled / activated it, part of it was because it
was fun.

Now, yes. we DO have some screwy stuff going on with the rules. but we
have even more issues with a Panic than we do with the normal
gamestate.
So here's what I propose. It's not a Refresh Proposal (I'll do that
later), just a suggestion.
Most of the rules are fine, for certain values of "fine". In spite of
being unable to directly target it, 3-13 has no issues. This is true
of most of the rules.

There are certainly some that have big, gaping holes in them. Rule 0,
for instance.
So, Why don't we figure out which rules are broken (while we're on the
pause) and figure out how to fix or get rid of them. That should save
some problems from happening.

Whaddaya think?

--
Aaron C
"H. P. Lovecraft is Rock and Roll" -- Neil Gaiman