Josiah Worcester on Sat, 8 Dec 2007 18:07:41 -0700 (MST)

Re: [s-b] Proposal: Spivak is not English, Episode 2

On Saturday 08 December 2007 18:01:05 Mike McGann wrote:
> BobTHJ said:
> > Make it a misdemeanor if Wooble's criminal system goes through.
>
> Sounds like a good idea.
>
> I revise the Proposal titled "Spivak is not English, Episode 2" with
> the following:
> {{
> This Proposal depends on Proposal 220.
>
> Create a new Rule titled "Spivak is not English" with the following text:
> {{
> Spivak is a Misdemeanor that consists of using a Spivak Word when
> posting to a Public or Discussion Forum. Spivak Words consist of the
> following when used in text as a complete word: "e", "ey", "em",
> "eir", "emself". This Rule shall not apply when a Player quotes text
> from existing Game Documents, quotes text in reply to another email,
> or proposes to amend this Rule. Each use of a Spivak Word is a
> separate offense.
> }}
> }}
>
> - Hose

I submit the following Proposal, titled "English is not Spivak":
{{
This Proposal depends on Proposal 220.

Create a new Rule titled "English is not Spivak" with the following text:
{{
English is a Misdemeanor that consists of using an English word when posting
to a Public or Discussion Forum. If you use a Spivak Word
("e", "ey", "em", "eir", "emself") in that post, this rule does not apply.
Otherwise, off with your head!
}}
}}

Truly, it is ridiculous to expect to legislate away a commonly-used form of
slang: almost as ridiculous as it is to legislate away English.