Antonio Dolcetta on Fri, 22 Jun 2007 03:20:53 -0700 (MST)

[s-b] consultation 13

Consultation 13
Supplicant: BobTHJ
{
Question: True of false: Consultation #12 does not serve to prevent a
corporation from becoming a player because it specifies that said
corporation must pass "the Turing Test" instead of "a Turing Test"?
Unbeliever: Wonko
}
Assigned to: Antonio (no other player eligible)

I Answer FALSE
The general formulation of Consultation 12 is somewhat unclear, and
indeed it was a candidate for ZOTTING for this reason. However I support
the decision I made as Oracle when I decided against ZOTTING it because
I find there is no ambiguity in meaning, "the Turing Test" and "A Turing
Test" in the context of B Nomic are the same, since "Turing Test" is in
itself a non strictly defined idea, and we have never explicitly defined
a specific Turning Test to test new players with.