shadowfirebird on Tue, 20 Feb 2007 05:26:15 -0700 (MST)

[s-b] Answer for consultation 4

Question:
Supposing a player X sent a message to a public forum stating "the player
known as X is the Administrator of B Nomic", would player X become the
Administrator ?

Answer: FALSE.  [[Meaning:  no.]]

Reasoning:
1) Rule 1-10 states "A Game Action is defined as any activity specified by
the rules to be a Game Action".
2) Furthermore, rule 1-15: "If a game action is not explicitly permitted in
the rules, the game prohibits it".
3) Nowhere in the rules does it state how the administrator is designated or
changed.
Therefore you cannot change the administrator through a game action.
It appears to me that the administrator must be changed through a proposal.

WARNING: Since only statements can be true or false; and since this is a
question; and since I am constrained to answer either "true" or "false":
this answer may have no effect on the game.