automailer on Wed, 8 Feb 2006 17:36:56 -0600 (CST)

[s-b] [auto] Peter votes

Peter's votes:
Motion 351/0: Effectively Entering Effect Epochs       : For
Although, I'm very nervous about changing everything about how our game functions like this without so much as a little discussion as to how this might break things. But, well, the worst that could happen is that the universe explodes or something.

Motion 352/1: Lighting Invalidation Generates Heavy Trepidation : Against
Sorry, I should have mentioned this all earlier... Our game has some precedent that a statement like "While a Room is Internally Lit, its Lighting Level is increased by one." would mean that the entire time that the Room is being Internaly Lit, the Lighting Level is being constantly increased by one, basically making it infinite very quickly. You can ask Wonko for the details, or search the mailing list archives for him sometime this past year explaining the DimShip Crisis to all of us.

In general, though, I think this lighting level thing is a good idea. I might not even have a concept of Internally Lit, and just instead put a light bulb with a luminosity of 1 in each room or something, and maybe set the litness of each room to the sum of the luminosities of the game objects in the room, or something like that.

Motion 353/1: Aura of Light                            : For
Motion 354/0: Tighten Tweak Termination Time           : Maybe

This Message was sent automatically by the Wiki.
 Please do not reply to the sender of this message, as your replies will be ignored. Thank you.