automailer on Thu, 12 Jan 2006 20:35:13 -0600 (CST)

[s-b] [auto] Peter submits p342

Peter has submitted a new Motion, p342.

---------------------------------
Motion 342/0: Queue Up Interesting Proposals
A Proposal by Peter
Last modified on nweek 104, nday 1

[[Acronym: QUIP]]

[[It occurred to me that it was kind of silly that after submitting up
to the proposal limit, I couldn't get a head start on the next nweek's
props. So, this lets you put as many props as you want into the system
(well, I capped it at 20 just so that someone doesn't submit a million
meaningless proposals), and then just the ones up to your proposal
limit get voted on each nweek.

As always, feedback appreciated.]]

In rule 3-3, replace the "Definition", "Timing", and "Proposal
Submission" sections with
{{
=== Definitions ===

Proposals are Motions of type "Proposal".

An object that submits a proposal holds that proposal and is said to
own it.

=== Proposal Submission and Timing ===

The period of time starting with the ninth nday of each nweek and
lasting through the end of that nweek is known as the Voting Period of
that nweek.

Pens are Tools that are Carryable Household Objects with an appearance
of {{A plain quill pen.}} and effects text of
{{
0: Submit a proposal. Play this ability only if you hold less than 20
Pending Proposals.

At the beginning of each Voting Period, destroy this Pen. If you
hold any Pending proposals, the one with the lowest serial number
becomes Open. This ability doesn't happen simultaneously on all Pens,
but sequentially in an arbitrary order. [[The order doesn't matter, it
just need to happen one at a time.]]
}}

When no Pens exist, each player gets 5 newly-created Pens. [[This
replenishes the Pen supply after each Pen makes a Pending prop into an
Open one.]]

At the end of each Voting Period, all Open proposals become
Historical.
}}

[[And this time, I remember to fix things to compensate for my
redefinition of Pen.]]
Give each player 1 newly-created Pen for each Pending proposal e
holds.