automailer on Thu, 12 Jan 2006 18:45:45 -0600 (CST)

[s-b] [auto] Peter submits p339

Peter has submitted a new Motion, p339.

---------------------------------
Motion 339/0: All Supers are Super
A CFI by Peter
Last modified on nweek 104, nday 1

[[This is a CFI. It becomes Open at the end of Saturday at midnight UTC, and resolves at the end of next Wednesday at midnight UTC.]]

Statement:
Both Antonio's and Triller's recognitions and dice rolls for Charles's training on nweek 103 nday 12 were valid, and each incremented Charles's Skills accordingly.

Defendant: Triller

List of changes:
Change the state of the game in accordance with the statement, as both sets of rolls increased Charles's Skills. [[I'm not really sure what else to put here.]]

[[
Plaintiff's Argument:
Rule 4-1 states that "Any Player holding a Ministry is known as a Minister of that Ministry."
Rule 4-4 states that "The Ministry of Housing is a Ministry; its Minister may be called the Super."
This sounds to me like each minister of Housing may be called the Super.
The ordinances of the Training Room include "A Player pays one Action Point to see a 2D3 roll that the Super calls."
Now, we don't really have any definition of what it means to call a roll. But a reasonable definition that fits game precedent is that the minister recognizes the action, rolls the dice, and announces the result.
But, we have more than one minister that "called" the roll. I don't see any reason why this is a problem. Since there *can* be more than one Super, and in fact is, any reference to "the Super" must refer to one of them. But it sure seems to me like it could just as easily be each of them.
So, each of the ministers can call such a roll, and have the results increment the Skills accordingly.a

Rule 4-4 itself contains similar language, saying that "The Manager is responsible for maintaining a Public Display of Motions." and "The Banker is responsible for tracking and maintaining...". What could those mean *except* that *each* such minister is responsible for those things? If only one minister were responsible for them, then what would the other minister be there for?
]]