automailer on Sat, 7 Jan 2006 20:24:16 -0600 (CST)

[s-b] [auto] Peter votes

Peter's votes:
Motion 314/0: Soul in Talisman Explanation             : For
Motion 315/0: Super Flame                              : For
Although I would have worded it along the lines of "If this object is held by a room or held by an object held by a room, the room is Lit, and any effect that would change it to be dark makes it Lit instead. At the beginning of the nweek, destroy this." But I'm used to games like Magic that require precise wording to really work. :)

Motion 316/1: Amendment Simplifying Prop Room Ordinances Better : For
Motion 317/0: Altering absurd abundant acronyms        : For
Motion 318/0: Mostly Gibberish                         : For
Motion 319/0: Alchemy                                  : For
This may be obscure and expensive enough to not really be worth having, though.

Motion 320/3: Abilityfying More Exciting Nomic Objects For Fun : For
Motion 321/1: Guardians                                : For
Motion 322/0: Guardian: Architect                      : Against
This is just too powerful, and I'm sorry I didn't see it and comment on it earlier. But the player we give this guardianship to we're basically letting do *anything*. And so e could make a talisman for 0 than only e could get, which had "0: Change any rule". And it'd be quite easy to change the Expel rule first. So this is really making a de facto administrator of the game whom we're allowing complete control over everything. I'm not sure I want that. (It may be okay, and may make the game more fun if used responsibly. I'm just hesitent to pass this for now.)

Motion 323/3: Gibberish Named Objects Merit Emphatic Stipulations : For
Motion 325/0: Anti-Gibberish                           : Against
I'm not sure this is a good idea. Non-proposal motions are generally used for fixing the game when it is broken, and I'm inclined to not make that harder than it already can be sometimes. Non-proposal motions also tend to be easier to stop, and they likely would be stopped if they would break the game somehow.

Motion 326/0: Correct Operation For Finding Erratic Randomness : For
Motion 328/0: Amplitude For Everyone                   : Against
10A for everyone, plus more for Wonko if this passes. I'm happy with just my 1A for voting No on this. (And yes, I know it was a test prop, but I wanted to explain my vote anyway.)

Motion 329/1: Create A New Superpower                  : For
Motion 331/0: Rolling Restriction Requires Room Revision : For
I hadn't realized that my prop might break that. Sorry about that. (In general, xdy means what I defined it as though, and I was a little confused by your 2d3 wording at first, so this is probably not such a bad idea.) I just should probably have fixed the ordinances there myself.

Motion 332/0: Shuffling Ordered List Defined           : Against
I'm not really sure we need to define shuffling, and I'm not so sure what you mean by doing all that dice rolling and then saying that you then sort the list.

This Message was sent automatically by the Wiki.
 Please do not reply to the sender of this message, as your replies will be ignored. Thank you.