automailer on Sat, 7 Jan 2006 17:38:47 -0600 (CST)

[s-b] [auto] Triller submits p332

Triller has submitted a new Motion, p332.

---------------------------------
Motion 332/0: Shuffling Ordered List Defined
A Proposal by Triller
Last modified on nweek 103, nday 8

[[ SOLD ]]
[[ I'm going to use this methodology for randomly
ordering a list of items in a forthcoming Prop to
mete ont Superpowers. It seems worthy of
standing alone as a method. ]]

Create a new Rule in Section 9 of the Ruleset:
{{
== Shuffling ==

If an Effect of an Object calls for 'Shuffling' a
List of Game Objects (such as Superpowers),
then the following method shall be used to
accomplish this.

A Minister responsible for the Objects specified
will perform the following:

If not already numbered, the Specified List will
be numbered sequentially from 1 to X, where X
is the number of Objects in the List.

X number of 1DX rolls are obtained from the
approved SORC.

The first Item in the list is swapped with the Mth
item, where M is the first Die roll result.
The second Item in the list is swapped with the
Nth item, where N is the second Die roll result.
Continue in this fashion until the Xth item in the
list is swapped with the Pth item in the list, where
P is the Xth Die roll result.
[[ Note that it is quite possible that one or more
items in list may not be reordered at all. ]]

The list is then sorted numerically. If required by
a rule, the resulting List will be posted to the
appropriate Public Fora.

[[ I've almost got a handy Excel spreadsheet
completed with macros to accomplish the above.
I will be happy to make it readily available to
anyone that requests it, once it is tried and
tests OK. ]]
}}

Triller