automailer on Thu, 29 Dec 2005 14:26:43 -0600 (CST)

[s-b] [auto] Wonko submits p322

Wonko has submitted a new Motion, p322.

---------------------------------
Motion 322/0: Guardian: Architect
A Proposal by Wonko
Last modified on nweek 103, nday 3

If p321 passed, create the following Guardianship:
{{
== Architect ==

Prerequisites: Ministry of Spirituality

The Architect can create new types of Talisman and modify the fields of existing Talisman types at will. E is encouraged to do so with the goal of making the Haunted House more enjoyable (in the manner of a Dungeons and Dragons Dungeon Master). Furthermore, other players may attempt to forge Talismans of new types by announcing publicly that they do so; the Architect may choose to recognize this and create the type of Talisman suggested by the forging player, have the Forging create a different type of Talisman instead, or announce that the forging failed and no Talisman was produced.

These abilities only exist as long as this Guardianship is held by a player.
}}

[[
This is something the Baron always wanted, but which we never got to work. Basically, it allows anyone to invent new Talisman types, and puts an elected official in charge of approving them. Said official can also fix existing ones and create new types. The hope is that a player might say "Hey, it makes sense that if I put these three objects together, I should be able to build this cooler object" and then the Architect can approve it, cancel it, or put something else in its place (i.e., "Your attempt to build a death ray out of two Amplitude Amplifiers and a Radiation Dampener results instead in a little amulet that gives you Amplitude whenever you enter a Dark room.").
]]