automailer on Sat, 30 Jul 2005 10:25:39 -0500 (CDT)

[s-b] [auto] Wonko submits p209

Wonko has submitted a new Motion, p209.

---------------------------------
Motion 209/0: Divine power
A Proposal by Wonko
Last modified on nweek 95, nday 2

[[
The dilemma with this prop was finding a good way to distribute unforgeable objects of indescribable power. Voice's attic prop does this perfectly. So, on to the unforgeable objects of indescribable power!
]]

Create the following Talismans:
{{
== Sigil of Apophis ==

Price: N/A
Rarity: Unique
Type: Ring
 Appearance:: A small golden ring. Engraved upon it is the flaming skull of
Apophis, the Destroyer.
 Effects:: As long as you have this Sigil, your Strength is treated as though it were 4 higher than it would be otherwise, and when you successfully damage another player with an Attack, that damage is increased by 5.
}}
{{
== Sigil of Asclepius ==

Price: N/A
Rarity: Unique
Type: Ring
 Appearance:: A small golden ring. Engraved upon it is the glowing fountain of Asclepius, God of Healing.
 Effects:: When an opponent deals attack damage to you, that damage is reduced by 10, to a minimum of 0.
 5A: Gain 5HP.
 10A: Target player in the same room as you gains 5HP.
 20A: Target player (in any room) gains 5HP.
}}

{{
== Sigil of Aphrael ==

Price: N/A
Rarity: Unique
Type: Ring
 Appearance:: A small golden ring. Engraved upon it is the silver flute of Aphrael, Goddess of Children.
 Effects:: You cannot Attack, and other players cannot Attack you.
}}

{{
== Sigil of Eddy ==

Price: N/A
Rarity: Unique
Type: Ring
 Appearance:: A small golden ring. Engraved upon it is... nothing.
 Effects:: Except for Talismans of type Mundane or Mechanical and this Talisman, Talismans in the same room as you or in the possession of players in the same room as you cannot be used and have no effects.
}}

[[
One of my main goals was that two players with Sigils should be fairly evenly matched. Thus, the average outcome between Apophis and Asclepius is that neither should be able to hurt the other; Apophis will occasionally land small blows but nothing Asclepius can't heal immediately. Neither Apophis nor Asclepius can fight with Aphrael, and none of the bonuses apply if any of them fight with Eddy.

I'm thinking that Talismans should have multiple types, so that we can mark a Talisman as "Mundane, Armor, Headgear" for things like this. And I'm about to change Puzzling Contraptions to be Mechanical instead of Charms. ]]