automailer on Wed, 4 May 2005 17:18:20 -0500 (CDT)

[s-b] [auto] TheVoice amends p48

TheVoice has amended p48.

---------------------------------
Proposal 48/3: To All Little Kings: I Need GOP! (TALKING)
A Standard Proposal by TheVoice
Last modified on nweek 87, nday 5

[[I'm actually a Democrat, but in honor of the attempt to try to change the Senate's rules of order...]]

Create a new rule in Section 3 of the ruleset entitled __Filibusters__ with the following TALKTALKTALK-delimited text:

TALKTALKTALK
On nday 7, players may declare that they are Filibustering up to one Pending proposal by stating so in a public forum.

If 4 or more players Filibuster the same proposal, it is not voted on that nweek, and remains Pending until the next nweek. (instead of becoming Open at the beginning of Voting)
TALKTALKTALK

[[This is much like the SHELVING of old, but requires a bit more organization because everything must take place on the day before voting.]]
[[Edit 1: Changed some wording in the second paragraph.]]
[[Edit 2: Implemented Wonko's suggestions... I'm not too down on the lingo quite yet.]]