Peter Cooper Jr. on Mon, 4 Apr 2005 10:27:51 -0500 (CDT)

[s-b] Re: State of Extreme Emergency

"Martin R Crowther" <cybersanctuary@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> writes:
> I bet this is Peters doing, he wanted to start again. :D

No, it wasn't me :)

> Anyway, I'm here - although with a constant commitment? Maybe.

Okay... Are you recognizing the State of Emergency?

I'm trying to figure out exactly what we need. Google's cached copy
(which includes the most recent Rule 0) states:
"The Emergency Management procedure (hereafter in this rule known as
'The Procedure') will be followed in the event of an Emergency, as
recognized by the majority of the most recently formally recognized
body of outsiders in The Game."

All Outsiders to me sounds like it includes Lost Souls, since the game
recognizes their existence. I suppose maybe I could change it with
Executive Tidiness to be some kind of conditional outsider (such as,
an outsider who's posted to a public forum within the past 3 weeks, or
even to be Peter and Wonko), and then we could start the emergency
procedure?

In fact, it may be easier to rewrite the whole ruleset with Executive
Tidiness to give us a place to start...

(That always seemed like a loophole to me... I could use Executive
Tidiness to remove the provision that other players could object to
it, and then change the rules willy-nilly to my heart's content.)

I used Google's cache to get the current player list, too.
I've put what I know up at <http://www.cooperjr.name/BNomic>, and
would have no objections if it went somewhere else (such as wherever
our new space at nomic.net is)

--
Peter C.
"Well, yeah, if you want to look at it from a purely *correct* point