automailer on Sun, 6 Mar 2005 21:01:09 -0600 (CST)

[s-b] [auto] Peter amends p2020

Peter has amended p2020.

---------------------------------
Proposal 2020/1: Waterspout Clarification
A Standard Proposal by Peter
Last modified on nweek 81, nday 5

[[If I had a Thorn Bush, a Vine, and a Waterspout in my Garden and didn't water it, it's not clear which one would die. Hopefully this'll fix that. I'm sure that this could still be worded better, so please feel free to suggest improvements.]]

In rule 1902, change the text
{{
Each type of Plant has a watering cost associated with it. Every Checking Period, every Proprietary Plant requires watering and weeding; any player may water and weed any Proprietary Plant by paying the watering cost of the Plant, provided that the Plant hasn't already been watered and weeded that Checking Period. At the end of each Checking Period, every Proprietary Plant that wasn't watered dies.
}}
{{
Each type of Plant has a Watering Cost associated with it, and each garden owned by a player has a Gardening Cost. The Gardening Cost of a garden is the sum of the Watering Costs of the Plants in that garden. During each Checking Period, players may pay tildex for watering any garden. A statement to the effect of choosing to water one's Garden means that the player is paying tildex for watering equal to the Gardening Cost of that garden. At the end of each Checking Period, if the amount of tildex paid for watering a garden is less than the Gardening Cost of that Garden, the Plant in that Garden with the largest Watering Cost (ties settled at random) is destroyed, and this process is repeated until the amount of tildex paid for watering that garden is less than or equal to the new Gardening Cost of that Garden.
}}
and also add a new section at the end of that rule with the text
{{
D. Burning

Any player may Burn a Plant in eir garden. Doing so destroys the Plant and gives the player 2 points.
}}