Jeremy Cook on Wed, 16 Feb 2005 10:14:35 -0600 (CST)

[s-b] Re: [s-d] Re: Election nominations

On Wed, Feb 16, 2005 at 10:24:06AM -0500, Peter Cooper Jr. wrote:
> Daniel Lepage <dpl33@xxxxxxxxxxx> writes:
> > Rule 625 asserts "At the beginning of each nweek, Godel must perform
> > Ministry Rotation. Ministry Rotation consists of calling an election
> > for each Open Ministry and each Ministry that has not experienced such
> > Rotation in the last three nweeks."
>
> Yes... So I guess the question is, what happens if e doesn't? Are the
> rules here compelling the Godel to do something at the beginning of
> the nweek, even if e doesn't recognize that action?
>
> > This seems to say that only Gödel can do this, and since Zarpint
> > hasn't, I don't think we can hold these elections. Also, the Ministry
> > of the Board was created less than three nweeks ago and as such isn't
> > up for Rotation this nweek.
>
> I think you mean the Ministry of the Arena, which yes, I suppose isn't
> up for election at this time (unless the Godel explicitly calls for
> such an election).

Hey, nice umlaut, Wonko.

Since I have a lot to do for a while, I make an Official
Statement that Glotmorf is not in the Vat, Deputize all my
Ministries to Wonko and Peter, and Hide Under a Rock for 6 weeks.

The Rotation: this is the platonic/pragmatic debate. It must have
happened, since the Rules say so, and the Rules say we have to
follow the Rules.

Zarpint