Jeremy Cook on Wed, 5 Jan 2005 10:39:13 -0600 (CST)

[s-b] Re: [s-d] Re: New player

On Wed, Jan 05, 2005 at 11:25:38AM -0500, Bryan Donlan wrote:
> On Wed, 5 Jan 2005 16:09:29 +0000, Jeremy Cook <athena@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> > >
> > > Welcome!

> > > Yes, posts are done through the mailing lists, although there is an
> > > archive on the web.
> > >
> > > By the way, there is currently a Law against posting HTML to a public
> > > forum. I have no idea why it's there or if anyone would want to
> > > enforce it, but you might want to set your mail composer to send using
> > > Plain Text instead. (I personally have my mail program set to not
> > > display the HTML versions of messages, so I really don't care if you
> > > use it or not.)
> >
> > It's there because HTML mail is Evil (TM). But that message wasn't
> > HTML AFAIK.
>
> The message was a multipart MIME, with both HTML and plaintext
> versions. Were it up to me, I'd just bounce HTML mails at the list
> server.

Yeah, you're right. Well, that shouldn't be hard for Joel to do,
but then we wouldn't have the fun of Kicking players in the Ass,
or sending them to Jail, when they send it.

Okay, I recognize Hjallti's entrance. Welcome!

I Arrest Hjallti for Violating the HTML Act of 2004. Nothing
happens to em, since e doesn't have Permanent Wisdom to lose.

I get 1 Temporary Glory.

Roster/Ministry update forthcoming.

Zarpint