Daniel Lepage on Mon, 1 Nov 2004 01:57:31 -0600 (CST)

[s-b] A Statement of the Gamestate

Ok, in my capacity as Adept and therefore de facto minister of damn near everything, I'm going to make a bunch of statements about the state of the game, based on my interpretation of recent events. I'll wait two ndays for anybody to object to any of this; after that, I'm going through and making sure that all the public displays are updated with THIS gamestate.

Note that I'm asserting that this is the current gamestate as of this message - there's no need to object to things on the grounds that 'they won't be true next checking period' or anything like that.

First, the rules:
The only change legitimately made to the rules besides those caused by proposals was my modification of r699, which now has the text "Any action is legal if a majority of all Players cannot distinguish it from an otherwise-legal action. This rule takes precedence over all other rules except rule 33."

The other attempted rule-changes were illegal: nobody seems to have mistaken Personman's actions for legal actions, Rodney's 'KLC' attempt was either an illegal attempt to create something or simply a false statement about the gamestate, and Zarpint's Taxly Evasive Scam overlooks the clause in the societies rule that says societies may only take actions that the rules say they can.

Next, the cards:
The Useless card isn't really a card, as per my ruling of Personman's CFI. The color cards wouldn't be cards, except that I forced them into being through a scam, and distributed them properly. They now have the Images I gave them. The list of hands on the website is up-to-date as of when I send this message.

Then, the vines and tomatoes:
Every player has a Vine.
Personman has 4 tomatoes. E can throw any of them, even ones that other players hold; but he has to have one in order to throw somebody else's, and every throw destroys one of eirs, not one of the target's, so e can't give one to me and then throw it at everybody. Nobody is stained. No cards are stained.

And Tildex:
This is where it was at the beginning of the nweek, plus a few watering/weeding changes and a judgment or two; no scams this nweek. Note that Zarpint probably wants to take back about half eir Research to avoid getting Taxed, and a bunch of people haven't paid watering/weeding, for what it's worth (Here's to alliteration :) )

Points:
The Roster shows up-to-date points. (Zarpint's "have the society give me a thousand" failed; see above)

Finally, Justice:
The rules no longer say anywhere that CFIs get id numbers, so I'm going to just start assigning them arbitrarily. Specifically, I'm going to give each one a number one higher than the previous one, starting with the first one that didn't get a number. This does mean further breaking Dave's policy of 'each document gets its own number' by giving some CFIs numbers that are also held by both proposals and rules.
	But that's not a big deal - they're in separate ministries now.

If anyone out there feels that I've overlooked something, done something wrong, or interpreted something badly, you have two ndays to either convince me of the error of my ways or CFI it; any later than that and I may not be able to reprocess all actions again. And I'll be really pissed off if I have to.

--
Wonko