Daniel Lepage on Mon, 1 Nov 2004 01:29:56 -0600 (CST)

Re: [s-b] Work is sucking the lifeforce from me--I mean, more than usual

I rule TRUE on the cfi. While it is true that there are many many
examples of card games where cards which are laid down don't leave the
player's possession, or even in some cases the player's hand, there's
still one thing they have in common--it's awfully hard to lay cards
down which have already been laid down without picking them back up
again. Common usage is a necessary evil, and it's certainly applicable
in this case. As picking the Cards up is not otherwise allowed for by
the Rules, and the act of picking the Cards up would modify the game
state, I'm going to have to rule that it can't be done.

For reasons I've explained in a series of earlier posts, I Recall Shenanigans on this CFI.

--
Wonko

It is disconcerting to reflect on the number of students we have flunked in chemistry for not knowing what we later found to be untrue.

  --quoted in Robert L. Weber, Science With a Smile (1992)