Jeremy Cook on Sat, 23 Oct 2004 13:04:31 -0500 (CDT)

Re: [s-b] Card Recognizer, WoD

On Sat, Oct 23, 2004 at 01:28:42PM -0400, Daniel Lepage wrote:
> Rodney rotates my Indigo and his Capitalist; bd rotates his Enclosing
> Game and Glotmorf's Flood.
>

> I issue a one-day Writ of Delay, to make sure everybody has a chance to
> vote for or against p1917 (which was erroneously left off the ballot in
> the first ballot I issued).
>
> This proposal is:
>
> ---------------------------------
> Proposal 1917/0: Get off the couch!
> A Standard Proposal by Iain
> Last modified on nweek 71, nday 2
>
> Amend Rule 1639/5 [[Political Go]] Section C to add
> "4. Mining.
> 5. Theft."
> to the list of types of move.
> [[I should have notcied this when 1854 was proposed (in fact I think I
> did,
> but then I forgot about it...), but given the other two technologies
> specifically mention they dont take up a P-Go move, these two
> _should_.]]

I vote NO on this: they were intended to be probabilistic additions to
the game that didn't take up a Move, and it's not specifically mentioned
in the Technologies because there's no way the P-Go rule could be
interpreted that way without a change like this.

Zarpint