Jeremy Cook on Mon, 18 Oct 2004 02:58:56 -0500 (CDT)

[s-b] CFJ on Wonko

On Mon, Oct 18, 2004 at 12:10:01AM -0400, Phil Ulrich wrote:
> Dammit, Wonko. I appreciate a good scam as much as the next man but
> can't you at least pick out numbers that are easy to multiply? I'm on
> NyQuil, for heavens' sake.
>
> At any rate, the roster has now been updated with your 30,000,000,000~.
>
> On Oct 17, 2004, at 10:40 PM, Daniel Lepage wrote:
>
> > I play Rotary Exchange, swapping my RPS for Rob's Green.
> >
> > I now have Green, Blue, and Indigo; I lay them down for ~30.
> >
> > As far as I can tell, this doesn't remove them from my hand, so I do
> > it again.
> >
> > Specifically, I lay down my sequence of Green, Blue, and Indigo one
> > billion times.

I make the following CFI:

{{
Statement: Wonko did not succeed in laying down eir sequence of Green,
Blue, and Indigo more than once.

Defendant: Wonko

Argument: By r393, players may only change the gamestate if a Rule
specifies it. r1903 specifies that Players may lay down cards; game
precedent and uin's ruling on CFJ 688 indicate that the Player must have
possession of the cards e lays down.

The term "lay down" in r1903 is not defined or capitalized; thus logic
and game precedent would suggest that it has the ordinary English
meaning. When one lays down any object, one no longer has possession of
the object. When one lays down a card in a card game, it changes
location in that card game; in the context of a card game, "lay down"
means the same thing as "play". Thus r1728 would suggest that a card
laid down returns to the Deck.

Further, r1727.B states "if a card's location is not defined, it is
moved to the Deck". The above argument shows there is some doubt about
the location of a card laid down, and the location of such a card is
nowhere defined. Thus Wonko's three Cards returned to the Deck after e
laid them down, and so e could not lay them down more than once.
}}

Zarpint