Jeremy Cook on Sat, 7 Aug 2004 00:08:49 -0500 (CDT)

[s-b] Re: Prop: Elections

On Sat, Aug 07, 2004 at 12:35:06AM -0400, Daniel Lepage wrote:

> In general, I'd like to rebuild the game in such a way that any single
> player could disappear for any length of time, and the game would be
> able to continue normally. At the moment that's not true: if anyone but
> me leaves, the game can go on just fine because I'll be require to take
> over for em, but I'm not allowed to go on vacation because the ruleset,
> the cardlist, and the proposal bank are all tied to me.
>
> That's why I'd like Ministers generating XML and sending it around, not
> because I couldn't write wiki macros to put things directly into the
> database from forms, but because I'd like it if the game could go on
> even if I run out of free time.

Then I should create an XML format for roster changes and Python scripts
to change the Wiki as specified by the XML. What's the best way of
editing a Wiki page with Python?

I change the text of my as-yet-unnumbered prop entitled "Nomination
Reform" to the following:

{{
__ Election Duty__

Add the following subsection to section D of rule 1583:

{{
D.2. The Election Duty

The Election Duty shall Require Attention whenever a Ministry has been
Free for at least five ndays in any one nweek. It shall be the
responsibility of the Player carrying out the Duty to call an Election
for all Free Ministries. The Perk for performing the Election Duty shall
be 20 points.
}}

}}

Zarpint