Daniel Lepage on Wed, 26 May 2004 15:08:46 -0500 (CDT)

[Spoon-business] Votes

I come Off Leave, and change my name to 8-9-3.

On May 26, 2004, at 1.05 AM, David E. Smith wrote:

The following measures are on the ballot for nweek 63:

Proposal 1853/0: Declaration of Extreme Cleverness (Zarpint)
No.
I think the Galactic prize should be reserved for someone who's clever in an irritating way, like somebody who cleverly manages to take everybody else's points, not just somebody who said some funny things. I'd vote to give em a point of respect for eir cleverness, but I don't see anything that justifies sending the mob after em.

Proposal 1857/0: Legislative Veto (Sagitta)
Yes.

Proposal 1858/0: No Secret Kickbacks (Sagitta)
No.
Rule 893 is barely tolerable as a crappy cinquain; it would not be tolerable as plain crap. The prop also seems to be trying to add "one point" to the end of r893, unless you meant those to be doubled braces, in which case it's not a haiku.

Proposal 1859/0: Slow Down (Zarpint)
No.
Do you really want me to be able to stop the game at any time by removing a quote from my quotes page and whining about it?

Proposal 1860/0: Ministry Cleaning (Zarpint)
Yes.
I don't like the uniform payment system, but as long it's there, we might as well make it look nicer.

--
Wonko
"Today, if you are not confused, you are just not thinking clearly."