Zarpint on Tue, 4 May 2004 18:11:16 -0500 (CDT)

[Spoon-business] save B Nomic!

I think, given Dave's pleas, we should do this. I can prop it,
as Meta-Minister, or someone else can. Note that we already have
a Minister of the Roster (in the Ruleset).

Are we all willing to work one or two ministries to keep the game going?
We could tie Bandwidth linearly to number of Ministries,
to encourage Players to take them,
if otherwise they won't.

I also don't think I officially called for an Election.
As Meta-Minister, I officially call for Elections on the following Ministries:

I. Billy, Minister of Gremlins
II. Quotekeeper, Minister of Quotes
III. Minister of Keys
IV. Minister of the Roster
V. Merlyn, Minister of Grammar
VI. Attorney Generalist

The Nomination phase now starts. Nominations need to be seconded to take
effect.
I make the following nominations:

I. Aquarion, BvS, bd, Wonko
II. bd, Glotmorf, Iain, The Voice, Zarpint
III. Iain, Mikie, Sagitta, Teucer, Scoff!
Iv. Sagitta, Scoff!, SkArcher, Zarpint
V. SkArcher, Teucer, The Pusher Robot, Mikie, Aquarion
VI. The Pusher Robot, The Voice, Wonko, Glotmorf, BvS

Please make others. Please second lots of nominations.

I think the Nomination phase ends on nday 2 of next nweek (the 5 days being
7, 8, 9, 10, and 1). Someone please correct this if it's not right.

Godel

On Tue, 4 May 2004, [iso-8859-1] Bill Adlam wrote:

> Let's see, I think we'll need seven ministries to handle the admin's
> principal duties.  A Cop to monitor the traffic on spoon-business, and
> check players' (and societies') actions are legal.  An Animator to
> announce things that happen automatically.  An Electioneer to publish
> ballots etc., and to count the votes.  An Absolute Ruler to maintain
> the ruleset.  A Rostermonger to track the properties of players and
> other game objects.  Randy the dice roller.  And a Sage, Rosemary, to
> keep the time.  There may be better titles waiting out there for some
> of these individuals.
>
> The Absolute Ruler, Sage and Rostermonger would need to be able to
> operate on some of the internals of B Nomic.  The others wouldn't, but
> most of them would need to submit reports at the end of each checking
> period before Rosemary can restart the clock.
>
> Some things need to be done in order (e.g. a player plays a Grab Bag,
> the Traffic Cop validates the action, other players put down cards, the
> clock stops, the Animator announces that some players automatically
> draw/put down cards, Randy posts any random draws, and shows which
> players end up with which cards, and Rosemary restarts the clock).
> Procedures like this can be made faster if one player holds multiple
> ministries.
>
> Sagitta

Zarpint Jeremy Cook    "All thy toiling only breeds new dreams, new dreams;
mcfoufou@xxxxxxxxx         there is no truth saving in thine own heart."
dynamicwind.com               --W.B. Yeats, The Song of the Happy Shepherd