Bill Adlam on Fri, 9 Apr 2004 07:39:39 -0500 (CDT)

Re: [Spoon-business] Nweek 61 BALLOT

Dave wrote:

> The following measures are on the ballot for nweek 61:
>
> Proposal 1833/1: Kill the BNS (Zarpint)
NO
This was a worthy *crackle* proposal before it was modified.  Appending
an unrelated *buzz* *crackle* scam could have been stylish, but in this
case it was very predictable.  The addition is rather dull, and doesn't
match the writing style of the rest of the prop.  Also, by not
attempting to fix the problem, it does not even fit the charter of
*buzz* UNSEEN.  In short, it turned a stylish prop into an unstylish
one.
I also have a comment to make on the content, as opposed to the style,
but that can wait for now.

> Proposal 1834/1: Save Dave (Zarpint)
YES
This fits well with the existing structure of r625, and Kurt Godel
(ideally *buzz* with the umlaut) is a suitable title.  This is the most
stylish prop of the nweek, and I shall therefore award Zarpint the
scarf.
I'm tempted to change my *crackle* name to "Zarping The Incomplete",
but that would be unfair as Zarpint got his name right when e proposed
p1834.

> Proposal 1835/0: Not Again! (SkArcher)
YES
I don't have much to say about the style - it's competent but
un*buzz*exciting.  I think it's good that *buzz* players have to
actively resubmit shelved props, and pay for the privilege.  I don't
see any reason for the 3 nweek limit, but since you can submit a new
prop to do the same thing, it's not with objecting to.

> Proposal 1836/0: Curb Platonism (Sagitta)
YES
YES (Plotting Radical)
I agree with the comment that this doesn't go far enough to prevent
*crackle* abuse of philosophies, but I have another plan to limit that.

As for my style, it speaks for itself and I shall forbear to *buzz*
comment.

> Proposal 1837/0: Any Sufficiently Advanced Magic is Indistinguishable
> from
>                  Technology (M-Tek)
NO
This *crackle* adds unnecessary complexity to the game, which is a good
thing, but it also gives incumbent players too much of an advantage
over newcomers.
Prose form is almost always stylish, and this prop is no exception.
However, it receives a *buzz* rating of 3 since it barely qualifies as
a narrative, and doesn't say anthing interesting, entertaining or
surprising.

> Proposal 1838/0: We love Rob (Zarpint)
SHELVE
It's sloppy legislation to add yet another category of inactive player.
 Of course, reincarnating *buzz* Rob in some form is a good thing.

Sagitta