Glotmorf on Sun, 28 Mar 2004 02:05:33 -0600 (CST)

Re: [Spoon-business] Nweek 60 Ballot

In an effort to bring at leatht thome thtyle into thethe
prothedingth, I, acting ath the Thtyle Polithe, forthe mythelf
to give acthual attention to thith nweek'th ballot...

> Proposal 1825/1: Kill the BNS (Zarpint)

And what, pray, ith an available public dithplay?  I thaw
thomeone make juthe QUITE a dithplay of herthelf at a club the
other night in public, but I wouldn't ecthpect Dave to come
and write my tilde count on her.

Otherwithe, I am tho flattered that you uthed the tilde.

I vote thelve.

> Proposal 1826/1: Patisserie (Sagitta)

And what, pray, ith an undeclared object?  It occurth to me
that tamponth aren't declared anywhere in the current
gamethtate; what would thtop me from declaring a tampon,
getting an eclair, and thmearing it on a propothal of my
choithe?

Otherwithe, I am tho flattered that you uthed the eclair.

I vote thelve.

> Proposal 1827/0: Lather, Rinse, Repeat (SkArcher)

Thilly boy.  You didn't thay ecthplithitly what ruleth are
repealed.  Thith would take uth back to nweek 0.

And p1812 doethn't change any ruleth other than the oneth it
createth.  Jutht what were you trying to undo?

I vote thelve, jutht becauthe I athume ThkArcher meant
THOMETHING by thith...

> Proposal 1828/0: Save Dave (Zarpint)

No, no, NO!  Leave poor rule 24 alone!  It never did anything
to you!

The rothter hath to be there.  If you take away rule 24, and
leave the definithion of the rothter in rule 625, it could be
not there if there ith no minithter and Dave doethn't choothe
to take that duty.  And that jutht won't do.  I jutht can't
get through a nday without my rothter being there.

Maybe rothter duty can be athigned, and Dave only taketh care
of it if ith not done in a timely way, and we can do all
thorth of nathty fun thingth to whoever wath thuppothed to do
it, but...it jutht hath to be done.

I vote thelve.

> Proposal 1829/1: Streamlined Emergencies (Zarpint)

Okeydokey...leth thee if I have thith thtraight...

A thtreamlined emergenthy ecthith if more than half the
playerth recognithe it.

A player recognitheth a thtreamlined emergenthy by propothing
a quick ficth.

Therefore, a thtreamlined emergenthy ecthith if there
ecthitht, for N playerth, N/2 quick fictheth.

Each player endortheth eir own quick ficth, but each player
can only endorthe one quick ficthe, tho a quick ficth can only
get pathed if motht of the playerth (if any) that didn't
recognithe the thtreamlined emergenthy endorthe one of the
quick fictheth.

That jutht doethn't thound too thtreamlined to me...

I vote thelve.  Go work on thith thome more while I look for
my pirini.

> Proposal 1830/0: Not Again! (SkArcher)

I like thith...I really do.  It meanth thelved propothalth
only get rethubmitted if thomeone really wanth them to be.  No
free thoth, no thneaking thomething in when people have
forgotten about it, no making free work for Dave while
thomething waith to die of neglect.

My only conthern (athide from having voted thelve on every
propothal thuth far) is, if thomeone beath a lame horthe over
three nweekth, thould e be penalithed for a failure?  Tho
that, not only doeth he have to want to rethubmit it, he altho
hath to make it better?

I vote thelve.

> Proposal 1832/0: The Player with No Name (Glotmorf)

And here I thought I'd vote thelve on everything.  Thilly me.

I vote yeth (15).

And thinthe ith my duty to bethtow the thcarf on THOMEONE, no
matter what, I give it to Thagitta, jutht for making me think
of thmearing tamponth.  Ew.

						Glotmorf

-----
The Ivory Mini-Tower: a blog study in Social Technology.
http://www.nomic.net/~dwhytock/imt