Glotmorf on Mon, 22 Mar 2004 21:59:38 -0600 (CST)

[Spoon-business] The Player with No Name

{{ _The Player with No Name_

[[

My name is not important.

You know who I am.  Perhaps not my specific identity, my particular status, my exact
score, but you know me.  Because I am like you.

I am like you, but I am not like you.  The Administrator knows who I am...he has to.
But you do not.  All you need to know is that I am not you.

My ideas are not your ideas.  But they become your ideas.  They infect your mind,
they react to your reasoning processes, and they result in action on your part,
whether embracing or rejecting them.  And thus do you become a part of them.

My motives are not your motives, and yet they are.  I want to play, I want to gain, I
want to win.  As do you.  You may not want me to win, but you want there to be a
winner.  And that which makes a winner potentially makes you one.

So what I do that makes a winner is something you may want, since you may be the
one to win.  My idea of what makes a winner becomes part of your idea of winning.
Even though we both want to win.  You thus know me, even if you do not know me.

You know there is a game.  But I am a player in that game.

You know there are rules.  But I make the rules.

You know me.  You know I am one who can and will affect your world.  And you may
well decide that that's what you want to happen.

I am a player.

And I bear a proposal.

]]

In Rule 19, before the paragraph that begins with "An Unauthored Proposal", insert
the following paragraph:

"An Anonymous Proposal is submitted by a proposing entity privately to the
Administrator.  The identity of the proposing entity is not revealed until the conclusion
of voting on the proposal.  Anonymous Proposals have a proposal cost of 2BW, a
passage bonus of (3d6)/2 points and one charm, and a failure penalty of 1d6 points
and one charm."

}}

(Thought about submitting this anonymously, but that didn't fit in the same room as
my ego.)

						Glotmorf
-----
The Ivory Mini-Tower: a blog study in Social Technology.
http://www.nomic.net/~dwhytock/imt