Craig on Sun, 21 Mar 2004 21:01:48 -0600 (CST)

[Spoon-business] Society Creation

I create a society, called "The Union of Nomic Scam Experts, Enthusiasts,
and Novices (B Nomic Branch)" or UNSEEN for short. Our charter is as
follows:

{{
Whenever a supermajority of UNSEEN members agree to change this charter, it
is changed accordingly.

The mission of UNSEEN is:
1. To perpetrate scams which exploit loopholes in the rules of B Nomic in a
non-destructive manner,
2. To patch those loopholes our members uncover, but only after exploiting
them,
3. To document successful UNSEEN scams for the benefit of future generations
of Nomic players,
4. To create and collaborate with UNSEEN branches in other Nomics.

Any player who wishes to join UNSEEN is accepted automatically if and only
if UNSEEN does not already count one third of the players of this Nomic
among its membership. Non-members who are members of UNSEEN branches in
other nomics are considered Honorary Members of this branch.

The Head of UNSEEN is the individual known as Craig Daniel, who is a member
of our B Nomic Branch under the name of Teucer. UNSEEN recognizes as an
outside branch any society founded by the Head or a member of a
previously-existing UNSEEN branch whose charter contains a recognizable
variation of the UNSEEN Mission Statement and the verbatim text of this
paragraph. All UNSEEN members will be permitted to join the UNSEEN mailing
list, accessible at http://groups.yahoo.com/group/unseen and administered by
the head of the group. This paragraph can only be amended if a supermajority
of UNSEEN members among all branches agrees to change it.
}}

There do not yet exist other branches, but it would be cool to have a
Nomiverse-wide Scammers' Union. I note that the B Nomic Branch will accept a
grand total of five members right now. And yes, I do have an idea for the
first UNSEEN scam.

 - Teucer

ragnarok@xxxxxxxxx
teucer@xxxxxxxxxx